About POLITICO Events
POLITICO Events are the live extension of POLITICO’s mission to be the number one destination for coverage and analysis of the ideas and personalities driving European politics and policy. We are the modern voice of European political journalism, reaching the most influential political professionals running European institutions and member states, as well as the millions of people consuming political news on a daily basis.
As events intern, your assignments will include:
- Assisting project managers with event topic and speaker research
- Updating marketing materials, copy edit marketing emails (social media, website, mailings)
- Updating the database with new contacts
- Researching speakers and invitee contact information, copy-editing speaker biographies
- Liaising with speakers' offices, to collect biographies and photos
- Preparing event materials (ppt presentations, signage, feedback forms, etc.)
- Organizing the set-up at the venue, liaise with providers, ask for quotes
- Assisting the project manager during the event (cloakroom management, Q&A microphone running, encouraging guests to complete feedback forms - and collecting them)
- Executing post-event tasks: thank you emails, analyze of feedback forms, contest results…
- Taking part in the events weekly meetings
- Liaising with exhibitors/sponsors/partners (collecting documents, sending contracts, organizing briefings…)
- Creating and coordinating content for the EU Studies Guide
- Monitoring the list of attendees and registrations
- Monitoring the general events mailbox
Preference will be given to candidates with a proven ability to multitask and prioritize amongst simultaneous rapidly evolving projects and tasks. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience developing, leading and executing projects from conception to execution, and tracking results and impact. The candidate must have excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills. Interns will be tenacious, detailed-oriented and have a keen interest in politics and media. Interns are expected to be fluent in English; knowledge of other European languages, such as French, German, Spanish and/or Italian is preferred.
All internships generally last three to six months. Please note that as per Belgian regulations, internships that are part of a university or graduate coursework cannot be paid, compensation towards lunch and transport to the office is provided. This position is only available for student training as part of a university or graduate coursework.
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: POLITICO Events Intern.